17th June 2016 - CBM prg Studio Version 3.8.0 released.
See the download page for more info. As usual, thanks to everyone who reported the problems in v3.7.0 and suggested new features for this version. Your feedback is much appreciated and a vital part of CBM prg Studio's continued improvement!
What Is It?CBM prg Studio is a Windows IDE which allows you to type a BASIC or machine code program and convert it to a '.prg' file, which you can then run in an emulator or on real hardware. It also includes character, sprite and screen editors and a fully featured 6510/65816 debugger.
The following machines can be developed for:
- Commodore 64 (and SuperCPU)
- Commodore 128
- Commodore VIC 20
- Commodore 16
- Commodore Plus/4
- Commodore PET BASIC 2 machines, e.g. PET 2001
- Commodore PET BASIC 4 machines, e.g. PET 4000/9000
Follow the download link for more details.
- Multiple source files (assembly or BASIC) can be build to one destination,
- 6502/6510/65816 Assembler/disassembler/Integrated Debugger,
- Program import (.prg, .T64 or .D64/.D71/.D81),
- Program export (.prg, .p00),
- Sprite editor,
- Character editor,
- Screen Designer,
- SID tool,
- A Screen Code Builder, for using those pesky print control characters,
- Memory Viewer,
- Binary file import/export,
- .D64/.D71/.D81 Creation Tool,
- BASIC Constants,
- Code formatting and renumbering,
- Automatic assembly code formatting,
- Tabbed MDI interface,
- Comprehensive help, including tutorials,
- Plus many others.
Commodore Banner Exchange
To Do List
Here are some features which I'm either working on or planning to:
- (DONE!) Being able to play the sound created with the SID tool,
- A 'tracker' style tool - no details as yet!
- A 'quick' mode. No more creating projects for tinkering with programs.
- Integrating pBASIC (see download page) into CBM prg Studio.
- Bug fixes, as usual.